The purpose of the course is for the students to gain an understanding of how different solutions are developed within industry today through applying and integrating knowledge necessary for future product-service innovation. Participants will gain knowledge in project management, creative concept development, systems thinking for sustainability and technological solutions.
The course is focused on carrying out a product-service system innovation project with sustainability and innovation focus. The objective of the course is to acquire, apply and integrate knowledge central to the development of sustainable PSS innovations, in close collaboration with industry and society. By carrying out real team based projects in a collaborative mode the student will have the chance to reflect upon acquired theoretical base and apply this in a real setting. The experience will render the student a good position to enter into the work life.
- Team collaboration
- Innovation engineering
- Creative concept generation
- Concept evaluation
- Systems design
- Rapid simulation driven design
After completion of the course the student will be able to:
- Perform needfinding
- Develop and evaluate concepts
- Make prototype solutions
- Work effectively in team based setting
- Develop innovative PSS design solutions
- Work according to concurrent engineering mode
- Employ advanced simulation driven design tools in applied setting