A Product-Service System (PSS) is an integrated combination of products and services. This concept embraces a service-led competitive strategy, environmental sustainability, and the basis to differentiate from competitors who simply offer lower priced products, moving into more value-based product offerings.
Aim and goal:
The course aims to give an overview of the current literature within the field and the practical ability to adopt and implement parts of the containing methodologies in a case study approach.
After the course, the successful participant should show the following abilities:
- Know central pieces of literature within the PSS field, including main contents, area of applicability.
- Be able to in detail discuss chosen product- and service oriented development theories.
- Be able to apply methodologies supporting PSS development.
- Be able to discuss trends and development needs within the area of PSS development.
- Be knowledgeable in a research method approach applicable for PSS
Next course start
- January 24, 2012 as national PhD course (7.5 ECTS) between Blekinge Institute of Technology and Luleå University of Technology, within the Proviking research school.
- More information: PSS course @ BTH