Research paper published in Proceedings of the 18th CIRP International Conference on Life Cycle Engineering, Glocalized solutions for sustainability in manufacturing.
Emerging from an industrial case study in the aerospace industry, the paper proposes an approach to evaluate sub-system technology concepts from a life cycle perspective. The approach is composed by 5 main phases that aims to drive product designers towards more value-oriented design decisions. It is shown how different life cycle alternatives, such as the selling of a Product-Service-System instead of a traditional product, deeply impact the value of design alternatives. The described approach has been developed in collaboration with industrial partners and represents a potential instrument to enhance value-driven product design.
- Value Driven Design; Sub-System Technology; Life Cycle Engineering
- Bertoni, A., O. Isaksson, M. Bertoni, T. Larsson (2011). Assessing the Value of Sub-System Technologies including Life Cycle Alternatives - an aerospace investigation. 18th CIRP International Conference on Life Cycle Engineering, Glocalized solutions for sustainability in manufacturing, Berlin, Germany, May 2nd – 4th, 2011, Springer.
- DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-19692-8_116
- Web page: http://www.lce2011.de/en/home
- Proceedings: http://www.springerlink.com/content/978-3-642-19691-1#section=869227&page=1
Tag cloud of paper