Objectives: SÅNÄTT is a collaborative project driven by the common goal of strengthening the competitiveness of the Swedish automotive industry through lightweight innovation. Academics, automotive suppliers and one vehicle manufacturer collaborated in the research and development of design concepts aimed to cost effectively reduce the weight of a classic family saloon by 20-40%.
Increase supply chain collaboration to create new products and services that increase competitiveness. Enable organisations to efficiently integrate research in innovation, technology (with focus on light structures) into development of new solutions within automotive supply chain.
BTH Participants: Tobias Larsson, Massimo Panarotto
BTH project leader: Prof Tobias Larsson
Time span: 2011 (Stage 2 2011-2013)
Funding: 60 MSEK (30 MSEK from VINNOVA FFI programme, 30 MSEK from partners)
Academic partners: BTH, KTH, Chalmers, Luleå University of Technology, Linköping University, Skövde University, University West.
Industrial Partners: Saab Automobile AB, Volvo Cars Corporation, VINNOVA, Fordonskomponent-gruppen (FKG), Innovatum, Borgstena, Outokumpu, Bendiro Profile Tech, Emhart Teknologies, Engineering Research Nordic AB, ESSVE Produkter AB, EWES Stålfjäder AB, Müller-BBM Scandinavia AB, SKF, Tesa AB, SSAB, RLE International Sweden AB, Benteler, KB Components, Applied Composites AB, Euroform, Saint-Gobain Sekurit, IAC Group Sweden AB, Lamera AB, 3M, Finnveden, Gestamp, Oxeon AB, Fasitet PDE AB, SAPA, Plastal, Raufoss Technology AS, Arsizio, Bulten, Semcon, ProfilGruppen Extrusions AB, Kongsberg Automotive, Ruukki Sverige, Altair Engineering AB, CJ Automotive AB.
News items and information:
- 2013: Final brochure: SANATT_brochure
- 2013: SåNätt YouTube channel
- 20130628: A Swedish design revolution in the Automotive sector
- 20130616: SåNätt project finalized via open fair in Gothenburg
- 20121128: Lös klimatproblemen med teknikutveckling (NyTeknik)
- 20120501: Focus Lightweight (Article on SåNätt in Future by Semcon, 2, 2012. Article as PDF)
- 20110430: Så Nätt project seeks to add lightness to future cars (Inside SAAB by Swade)
- 20110124: Saab aiming to cut weight in future cars (Saabs United)
- 20110124: Viktväktare ger Saab bantartips (NyTeknik)